A special thanks to everyone who ordered a copy of the book as part of the promotion that I offered with this little series over the last few weeks. The photo tour gave me a great chance to incorporate the book into my long overdue vacation, and I had a great time taking all of the pictures along the way, not to mention picking out the free gifts to go along with your orders! I certainly hope that you enjoyed them as a meager token of my appreciation for your support!
Below is a little slideshow that I threw together of all of the photos taken as a part of the three week tour – looking back, it’s still hard to believe that we managed to visit so many places! I hope you enjoy this final summary as I attempt to exit vacation mode and finally get back to work, although for what it’s worth, I think I’m already looking forward to the next one…
…the next vacation and the next book, that is!
The Complete Spectacular Itinerary:
* Goodnight, book! – our first night’s hotel in Downtown Atlanta, GA
* Georgia Aquarium – home to some awesome whale sharks in Atlanta
* World of Coca-Cola – where the famed soda was born, also in Atlanta
* White Castle – the very first time I tried this tiny delicacy, somewhere in Ohio
* Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland – the largest Christmas store in the world, in Frankenmuth, MI
* Mom’s House Back Home… – a photo of a very young me with my late sister, Lisa
* My Hometown of Gaylord, MI… – a creepy statue of dude from the local summer festival
* Mackinac Bridge – the bridge connecting Michigan’s Upper & Lower Peninsulas
* Science North – a hands-on science center from my childhood, in Sudbury, ON (Canada)
* Science North – Dinosaurs! – a special exhibit featuring furry dinosaurs at Science North
* Harry Potter: The Exhibition – behind the scenes of the movie series at the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto, ON (Canada)
* Niagara Falls – a beautiful sight, even up really, really high, in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)
* Tim Hortons – my new king of breakfast sandwiches, last enjoyed in Niagara Falls
* Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory – the mecca of frosty frozen treats, in Waterbury, VT
* The Big Apple – as seen from the (relative) safety of my brother-in-law’s boat
* Statue of Liberty – a unique view of lady liberty from the water
* Hershey’s Chocolate World – the next best thing to winning a golden ticket, in Hershey, PA
* Washington Monument – the first of several stops along the National Mall in Washington, DC
* Lincoln Memorial – at least honest Abe gets to sit down after all of those steps…
* National Museum of American History – so huge we’ll need a second trip to visit the other museums!
* South of the Border – a gift shop on steroids on the North Carolina / South Carolina border…
* Walt Disney World – …because a vacation without Mickey Mouse really isn’t a vacation at all!
* Back Home Again… – one last check of the speedometer some 4,550 miles later…